Monday, September 22, 2008

Meet your teacher...


I'd like to introduce myself and then invite you to introduce your classmates, using the interviews you did this week. I've been teaching at Boston University for many years, having gotten my master's and doctorate from the School of Education at BU. I've taught in several countries as well, including Argentina, Germany, Japan, Spain, and Turkey, and I've also done teacher training in the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, and Guatemala. I love traveling and learning about other cultures, so I hope to continue doing that in the future. (The photo is from a trip to Toulouse, France in August.) My hobbies are reading historical fiction, and watching films of the same genre. I also enjoy listening to music (classical, jazz, and blues) and going to concerts and plays. The sports I like include boating, cycling, rollerblading, skiing, and swimming. I also enjoy watching sports on TV, especially the Olympics or championship games (like the Euro or World Cup). I live in Brookline on a quiet street with two cats. My daughter graduated from BU in International Relations, and she currently works in an investment firm in NY. She finds it exciting and likes life in the Big Apple!

No comments: